Self Defence Workshop for Women
Friendly people. Very important content. Please participate in this Self Defence Workshop for Women. No ongoing commitment. These workshops run throughout the year.
Studies show a relationship between self defence or assertiveness training and women’s physical and psychological responses to subsequent attacks.
Victims with pre-assault training were less likely to be assaulted (1) and more likely to resist (2). Further, that resistance stopped the offender or made him less aggressive than victims without training (2). Women with training before the assaults were angrier and less scared during the incident than women without training (2). Learning self defence skills can make a difference.
Learn & Practice:
- Strategies and tactics
- Psychological preparation
- Verbal de-escalation skills
- Effective physical techniques
- Specific scenarios, relevant to you
What you can expect:
- A friendly and supportive environment
- An instructor with over 15 years experience
- Empowerment, not mansplaining!
- Dispelling of martial arts ‘myths’
- To walk out more confident and more competent
You owe it to yourself and your family to learn skills to help protect yourself.
By all means, bring a friend!
Who: Women wanting to become a stronger, better prepared, more empowered version of themselves!
Where:Personal Strength Fitness and Self Defence Centre or at your location (for an additional travel fee)
When: Thursday, 23rd May 2019 – 7-9pm OR Saturday, 25th May 2019 – 1-3pm
Cost: $50 pp (new) / $25 pp (refresher)